2012-11-11

94.7 Training update and fund raising reminder

Well it's a week to go till 94.7 Cycle Challenge which is just tapering and keeping the legs going, I hope that by taking the advanced 94.7 fittrack program I haven't overtrained - it has been hard work but I have managed to almost keep up the required workload. I'm just under where I'm supposed to be. This weeks rides are supposed to be an hour each at varying intensities but since to work or back takes about 39-45 minutes I will tweak the number of rides or intensity without working too hard.



One important thing to note is that the fittrack graphs are related to heart rate and length of training time, and although distance/speed is recorded it is not factored into the fitness points, so my 78.2 score may seem better than others but I might exert my heart more riding slower than someone who is actually stronger or lighter than me and therefore rides significantly faster.

So given that I still struggle uphill and I'm not exactly light at ~97KG although advance says a time between 2h45 and 3h15 should be achieved I'm setting my target at a more realistic 3h30, whether I've overtrained and might bonk, well we'll see, either way it has been and will continue to be fun. I have managed to break the 1000Km per month barrier in September and October, I might have done so in August but I caught a cold and decided to rather rest and get better than ride and possibly make it worse (that gap can also be seen in the drop in the above graph. I have ridden 401Km so far in November.



To give you some idea of my progress the below is a graph of distance ridden per month since Aug 2009 which is when I started cycling, months in which there was no or little riding where due to colds and or flu.







A reminder (especially for those who voted) since it's a week to go I'm riding to raise funds... yes I know it's a UK based organisation but so far I've only had one donation and since all the voters voted the same way I expected some would be happy to donate, I will be putting in a donation of my own after I get paid at the end of the month, but I'd really like to see some others helping. 
http://www.justgiving.com/Jeremy-Pointer

No comments:

Post a Comment