2018-07-05

23 Days of #TDF in a Cow Suit

Starting Sat 7 July 2018 I will be riding every day of the Tour de France in my Cow Onesie including the rest days i.e. 23 days, this will be my 5th attempt to complete this challenge (flu got the better of me in 2015). 


(Image from the start of Liverpool to Scarborough ride I did in May)

This will also be my third year doing it in the cow suit, thankfully it's winter and cool but since many of the rides will be indoors (I have to work) there will be plenty of perspiring going on and the suit will spinning in the wash/dry cycle pretty often, never mind me. The 'rules' are at least an hour a day, and trust me this isn't always easy to fit in, I have other responsibilities even outside of work that require my attention so there are bound to be late night and early morning rides along the way.

(Yup It's scary sometimes.. photo from last years effort)

So why? The truth as is often said by us cows 'There are no soft needles', treatment of cancer is tough (understatement), and the kids have no choice, a little bit of pain and a little bit of sweat is nothing in comparison.

So please help the kids and their families going through this a little by donating, every little helps so even if it's just a few rand, that's great, it all adds up.

For the record Givengain only shows donations made through the platform, the real total so far is R5,000, I'm aiming for at least R20,000 this year again, but I've gone way past target last year so let's smash it again.

Click here to read more and donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment