2014-11-18

CHOC Cows Post #11 Momentum 947 Cycle Challenge

I felt it in my bones I tell you.


So there I was milling about in the paddock as cows will do, and lo and behold up comes Lisa Cow Bell (pink cow suit in below picture) and asks me if I will help with an Ice-cream bike, I mean what else am I going to say but yes, maybe she has been reading my blog I don't know (I don't think so though, it was more likely providence).  So brief introductions are done to Kim (on the bike) and Graham (left of Kim) and Grant (at the back between Kim and Graham), I'm hidden behind Graham in this shot.


And there I was roped (tyred?) in I wasn't initially expecting to tow but Grant Bain had disappeared somewhere behind us and it was time to start, so here I am yoked in, Graham giving me tips since I've never done this before and he is an old hand at it.


Graham and I towed where needed till the bottom of Joe Slovo, Grant did catch up with us and assisted with pushing as did the occasional temporary helper. Grant took over from Graham from the bottom of Joe Slovo.


Then later (I think at Conrad drive) Graham took over from me, shortly after that the Apocolypse Cows caught up with us again on their second lap and pushed and pulled the Ice cream bike the rest of the way, with me taking the lead every now and then and trying to get people to give us space as we passed them. Those AC's are strong. Unfortunately some of the slower very tired people got a fright at this herd of cows stampeding up behind them, and one poor chap fell against me and then hit the ground a bit hard, sorry chap I would have stopped except you looked like you were getting back up, and turning around would just have made for more mayhem.

Just for fun (and an interview) we stopped at Steyn city and the AC's joined the dancers on stage for a few minutes, before we tackled the last climb to the finish.





And so ended a brilliant ride 6h38 on the road for me, 9 or so hours for the AC's but more rewarding in fun than any other ride I've done. The encouragement from other riders and the spectators was awesome, and for all those that helped along the way, thank you.



It must not be left unsaid what this is all about. To raise awareness for CHOC and the children suffering from Cancer who are the real heroes for whom we ride. The funds raised by doing this really do go to a good cause and help these children and their families through difficult times by providing all sorts of practical helps, some small and some large.

PLEASE do open your wallets and give. You can do so by clicking this link  DONATE NOW!!  If you can't do it now you still have some time to do it but please do so.

This will be my last post on this topic for the year, please do have a Blessed Christmas and a Happy new year.

See you next year.





No comments:

Post a Comment